Telemedicine with Canyon Foot & Ankle
High Quality Foot Care, From Anywhere
At Canyon Foot & Ankle, we’ve always believed that you shouldn’t have to get in your car and drive out to the big city in order to get world class foot and ankle care.
But with the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic forcing all of us to avoid unnecessary travel and stay indoors as much as possible, there’s never been a greater need to keep access to care as easy and safe as possible.
Well, what could be easier than getting the care you need without leaving your own home?
In order to better respond to this crisis and keep our patients and their families healthy and safe, we are now offering telemedicine appointments with Dr. Pilling.
What Is Telemedicine? Is It Right for Me?
In simple terms, this is when your doctor uses video conferencing technology to provide necessary clinical services to you, even when you are far apart.
You might think that very little could be accomplished via telemedicine, but you might be surprised at how effective these visits can be! We can do things like:
- Visually inspect your feet and ankles and talk with you about your symptoms, activities, etc. to arrive at a potential diagnosis.
- Follow up with you after a previous procedure or diagnostic test to review results and ensure everything is going smoothly.
- Determine the next steps forward, including what home care approaches might be effective, and whether you need further in-office care.
If your appointment does not necessarily require an in-person procedure or diagnostic test, we strongly encourage you to consider telemedicine—especially if you or someone you live with is considered high risk for complications related to COVID-19. Although we are taking every precaution to keep our office healthy and safe, staying home (if you can) is always the best approach.
What Do I Need? What Can I Expect?
The process we are using is very simple. You probably already have everything you need:
- A device that can make video calls. Almost any smartphone will do, as well as laptop or desktop computers if they have a camera and microphone (built in or otherwise).
- A browser supported by our Doxy.me telemedicine service (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) on your device.
- A stable, reliable wireless or wired internet connection.
- If possible, a trusted member of your household who can assist if you need help with note-taking, camera work, etc.
Don’t worry—you won’t have to sign up for any user accounts, remember any passwords, or download any special software. The HIPAA-compliant secure video feed will play right in your browser.
Before your appointment, you’ll be sent a link to our “virtual waiting room.” When you’re ready, click the link, type in your name, and “check in.” We will start the call when we are ready for you.
What If I Need (or Want) an In-Person Appointment?
Because we are a provider of essential health services, our office remains open during this crisis. Furthermore, some problems require a physical procedure in our office and simply cannot be performed remotely. So in-person care is definitely still an option for you.
Please be advised that we are taking many steps to ensure our office is as safe and healthy as possible. These include:
- Following all CDC guidelines.
- Sanitizing all rooms after every patient and disinfecting frequently used surfaces regularly.
- Sterilizing all equipment and tools with a hospital-grade autoclave.
- Spacing out patient visits throughout the day to strictly limit the number of people in the office and waiting room at any given time.
- Setting up our exam and treatment rooms to maximize social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
Additionally, you may wish to request valet medicine services to minimize your time in the office even further. Click here to learn more about our valet services.
How Do I Request a Telemedicine Appointment?
If you’re ready to request your telemedicine appointment with Dr. Pilling, please complete the form on this page.
A member of our office will follow up with you during our regular office hours to schedule your appointment, make sure you have everything you need, and answer any questions you may have.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call us directly and ask. We are happy to help in any way we can.
We look forward to serving you—wherever you happen to be!